Started in 1980, Watertech of America, Inc., a regional leader in the commercial and industrial water treatment market, provides innovative products, services and solutions to customers in the Midwest. At Watertech our vision is to enable growth for our clients and our employees.
As a Water Treatment Sales Engineer, you will play a significant role in realizing the long-term growth potential of your sales territory. Your success is dependent on your ability to maintain current business and capture new opportunities mainly focused on the sale of chemicals for water treatment programs. Current chemical programs include steam boiler, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment within the industrial and large commercial market sectors. To excel in this position, you must share our customer service philosophy and our commitment to exceed the customer's needs.
The position entails both service and sales. Water Treatment Sales Engineers are Territory Managers who maintain their existing accounts with regularly scheduled service visits. Service includes water testing, equipment review, inventory management, and working with plant personnel to assure the covered systems are functioning properly. In addition, new business growth is expected by soliciting, quoting, and selling new business within the specified territories and markets.
The current position open at Watertech is located in the NE Iowa market.
Pay range = $75,000-$125,000+ depending on the ability to grow and maintain new accounts.
WE ATTRACT THE BEST PEOPLE
Watertech has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Watertech and stay. If you are ready to work for an exciting and innovative company that welcomes creativity and a collaborative team environment – then Watertech is the place for you!
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Pulp and Paper Science or other science / technical majors)
- 3+ years experience, preferably in traditional water treatment background, paper industry, low and high-pressure boilers, influent/effluent waste water treatment and cooling tower treatment. Watertech will consider related experience.
- 3+ Years of commercial/industrial B2B selling experience
- Strong problem-solving, value creations and service skills
- Middle market and large account management experience is a definite plus
- Successful track record meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Selling experience in the market(s) applying for
- Certified Water Technologist (CWT) – Recommended
- Clean driving record
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens and authorized to work in the United States
- Candidates should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Carry a 10-15 pound test kit through industrial & commercial environments.
- Climb stairs and ladders as needed to collect samples and perform inspections.
- Enter confined spaces, such as boilers, to perform inspections.
- Use a drum dolly and/or pallet jack to move containers of product that may weigh up to 600 pounds or more.
- Travel to accounts within your territory which may require driving 3+ hours per day.
- Handle tools and equipment associated with installation and maintenance of water treatment equipment.
- Basic low voltage wiring and programming of electronic controllers.
- Proper PPE is required in many of the facilities we service.
- Work in loud, dirty, and potentially dangerous environments within a variety of manufacturing, food, healthcare, and industrial accounts.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PLAN OFFER
- PAY – Base, commission, bonus - (specified in employee offer letter)
- 401K – 401K with 25% match up to first 4% of employee contributionSafe Harbor Match - In addition to the above listed company match, if the employee contributes at least 4% of their salary to the 401K, then an additional 3% is automatically contributed to the 401K account each year. If the employee contributes less than 4% of their salary to the 401K, then only 1% is contributed to the 401K account at the end of the year.
- There is a 1 year waiting period before an employee is eligible to receive this benefit. Enrollment dates are January 1 and July 1 each year for all new enrollees.
- CAR EXPENSES – approximately $0.54 per mile (government allowable max.). Adjusted annually on Jan. 1st.
- LONG TERM DISABILITY – company paid
- LIFE INSURANCE – $50,000
- HEALTH / DENTAL INSURANCE – 20% / 80% employee/employer split
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Policy – Anthem Health Savings Account for health
- Delta Dental
- PTO – 20 days (in addition you get your birthday off)
- HOLIDAYS – 10 days paid holidays
Watertech pays all usual and customary business expenses such as but not limited to customer entertainment, laptop computer with printer and supplies, water analysis and testing equipment and supplies, company logo embroidery of shirts and jackets, misc. office supplies, cell phone ($100/month limit), trade association membership fees, business related educational expenses and business related training. Watertech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send your resumé to email@example.com
Watertech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.