Started in 1980, Watertech of America, Inc., a regional leader in the commercial and industrial water treatment market, provides innovative products, services and solutions to customers in the Midwest. At Watertech our vision is to enable growth for our clients and our employees.
WE ATTRACT THE BEST PEOPLE
Watertech has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Watertech and stay. If you are ready to work for an exciting and innovative company that welcomes creativity and a collaborative team environment – then Watertech is the place for you!
Watertech of America, Inc. is looking to immediately hire a Water Treatment Field Technician. The right candidate will have experience installing and servicing industrial water treatment systems including water softeners, filters, reverse osmosis, chemical feed and other similar types of equipment. Watertech has customers in healthcare, food and beverage, manufacturing, commercial and many other industries throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota. We are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented candidate with a proven work ethic. The technician's goal is to provide a high level of service to clients and exceed their expectations. Some experience or education in this field is preferred, however we will train the right candidate. Pay commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position and requires travel. Most travel is throughout Eastern and South-Central Wisconsin; however, longer day trips or overnights may be required.
- Assist with the installation of water treatment systems including basic plumbing, electrical, and mechanical tasks.
- Perform routine service visits to confirm proper operation of water treatment equipment.
- Conduct equipment repairs when equipment is not functioning properly.
- Troubleshoot failed equipment and perform necessary repairs to return equipment to proper performance.
- Execute chemistry tests, log and report data, and maintain product inventoried at customer accounts.
- Write clear, value-added service reports that summarize work performed and recommendations for continued operation of equipment.
- Provide technical support to customers, identifying and resolving issues, escalating as required.
- Notify supervisor of maintenance or safety issues that may arise.
- Participate with and assist in the development and implementation of team strategy and operational plans.
- Collect quality water samples using appropriate sampling equipment and field instruments.
- Maintain analytical equipment and associated instrumentation.
- Perform all diagnostics and analysis to trouble-shoot and repair equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- May require travel, weekend shifts, and night shifts occasionally.
- Complete paperwork related to required tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain company vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Communicate in a positive manner with customers and co-workers and maintain positive customer relations.
- Follow all rules and regulations pertaining to safety and Watertech of America policies.
- High school diploma or GED, some technical school or equivalent work experience in plumbing, maintenance or water treatment is preferred
- Must be organized and punctual
- Consistent and dependable job attendance
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn
- Knowledge of basic maintenance
- Valid DL and good driving record
- Working knowledge of plumbing and water chemistry helpful
- Problem solving capability and mechanical aptitude
- Must be comfortable working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces, damp or dusty locations, freezing or hot conditions
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and waste-water treatment systems
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience and ability to work independently also required
- Knowledge of local geographical area and comfortable navigating to locations throughout our region
- Working knowledge of PVC, copper and steel pipe fitting, experience in maintaining equipment
- Knowledge and ability using various power tools, mechanical/electrical devices.
- Basic ability to read customer documentation, specifications, prints and drawings
TOTAL COMPENSATION PLAN OFFER
- PAY – Base, plus bonus. This is a full-time position. Compensation is provided at an hourly rate depending on experience and or specific project requirements. ($25-$35 /hr).
- 401K – 401K with employer match
- CAR EXPENSES – approximately $0.54 per mile (government allowable max.). Adjusted annually on Jan. 1st.
- LONG TERM DISABILITY – company paid
- LIFE INSURANCE – $50,000
- HEALTH / DENTAL INSURANCE – 20% / 80% employee/employer split
- PTO – 20 days (in addition you get your birthday off)
- HOLIDAYS – 10 days paid holidays
Watertech pays all usual and customary business expenses such as but not limited to, laptop computer with printer and supplies, water analysis and testing equipment and supplies, company logo embroidery of shirts and jackets, misc. office supplies, cell phone ($100/month limit), trade association membership fees, business related educational expenses and business related training. Watertech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send your resumé to Jon Tiegs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watertech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.