Control COD naturally using the science of advanced microbiology and nutrition
In most wastewater systems, slight fluctuations in chemical oxygen demand (COD) are typical. Manufacturing plants can see more significant spikes
in COD during production line changes and sanitation cycles. For
municipalities, they often follow a heavy rainfall. In the case of an anaerobic
digester, it could be the introduction of new feedstocks.
Bioaugmentation is a practice that uses bacillus
bacteria to cultivate a healthy biological system for the purpose of
biodegrading (digesting) specific contaminants in a way that is never
compromised. In some cases, these communities of bacillus bacteria can reduce
or even eliminate chemicals needed for treatment.
Our specific strains of bacillus bacteria are scientifically engineered to:
- Address challenges related to cold water; ammonia; paper fiber; petroleum; and FOG.
- Inhibit growth of filamentous and other troublesome microorganisms.
- Increase the speed of recovery after disaster.
- Reduce sludge volume and associated hauling costs.
- Improve dewatering characteristics producing dryer sludge.
- Promote the development of "natural floc," reducing polymer consumption.
- Enhance sludge settling characteristics.
- Help maintain regulatory compliance.
Why not consider investing in a money-saving bioaugmentation insurance policy with BIOACTIV-8-OR? Ask us about our BIOACTIV-8-OR line of bioaugmentation treatments.