Watertech has been using Aquafilm-V as a safe and sustainable solution to prevent scale and corrosion for our customers. We have been tracking the Aquafilm-V treatment program at a wood processing facility for a little over a year and we are excited about the significant improvements achieved for this customer. Before we share the results, we would like to provide a little background on Aquafilm-V and some of the benefits of this unique product.
How Does Aquafilm-V Work?
Aquafilm-V’s film forming agents protect an entire steam system against corrosion by creating a film throughout the system from the feedwater tank, to the boilers, and condensate return lines.
- A film forming agent that forms an ultra-thin protective barrier on all metal surfaces to prevent corrosion and scaling.
- An all-in-one organic product that replaces up to 3 traditional chemistries. This improves safety and minimizes chemical handling.
- Gradually loosens and lifts existing scale and prevents new deposits, improving heat transfer ultimately lowering energy costs.
- Improves condensate quality, lowering blowdown frequency.
- No mixing or diluting – reduces operator involvement by up to 80%. Reduces maintenance costs and prolongs equipment life.
- Simplified water testing; saves time.
- In accordance with FDA guidelines.
CASE STUDY: Wood Processing Facility After Using Aquafilm-V for 12 Months
A major wood treatment company tasked Watertech to improve their boiler and steam system program and performance.
Watertech chose Aquafilm-V to meet these goals, a revolutionary treatment that combines improved system protection into a single application. Watertech not only improved system performance, but also reduced costs and gained a net positive impact to the environment to achieve corporate sustainability targets.
Within weeks of implementing Aquafilm V, system performance improved. After 12-months of data gathering and comparisons relative to traditional approaches, recognized improvement gains were documented relative to:
- Gas/Energy Savings: 4.8% efficiency Improvement, 7.8 MMBtu saved and 8.3% reduction
- Water Savings: 196,000 gallon reduction = 36% savings
- Cycles of Concentration: Increased boiler cycles and reduced blowdown from 8% to 5%
- Chemical Savings: Went from 3 chemicals down to 1 with a 2,700 lbs reduction
- Iron Levels: Condensate system protection went from already low iron levels to near zero
Download a printable version of this study here
Aquafilm-V: An Effective and Sustainable Solution
Companies are demanding effective solutions that are also sustainable. Aquafilm-V is changing how we treat and protect our systems, allowing us to effectively treat systems with lower doses this all-organic biodegradable chemical. This innovative product provides a safer, more effective way to treat a system, while saving energy, water and chemicals.
If you have questions about how Aquafilm-V can save energy and chemical usage at your facility, request a site survey. Click the link below to fill out the form and one of our Technical Engineers will be in touch.
If you have questions about Aquafilm-V or want to find out if it might be a good fit for your facility, please click the link below to fill out the form and one of our Technical Engineers will be in touch.
Senior Territory Manager
Rob Pierick has worked for Watertech of America for 16 years and has over 19 years’ experience with healthcare water management, including water testing, Legionella testing and remediation. Rob is a Certified Water Technologist (CWT) through the Association of Water Technologies. The CWT designation involves rigorous testing, peer review, and an ethics declaration. It must be renewed every five years to maintain this designation. Rob holds a BS from the University of Wisconsin Platteville.